Monday, May 19, 2008

Introductions...

Hi, Everyone!

My name is Courtney, and I'm a rising junior at MU. I'm taking this class to fulfill a requirement for my English minor and I'm excited about getting to take it online. It seems like a nice idea to complete credit hours on your living room couch. I could get used to it.

I'm a Music major, studying vocal performance, but I'm also working toward a double minor in Christianity and English. I just finished up the Christianity requirements and about about a third of the English. Hopefully, I can get in all the hours I need before graduation!

This past year has actually been my first at Mercer. I spent my freshman year at New York University, but financial woes (thanks to a less than dapper housing market) caused my family and me to re-evaluate the benefits of going to NYU (as great as it is, it doesn't come cheap). In my transfer-search, my mom pushed me to apply to Mercer, seeing as how it was so close by to my hometown of Newnan. Mercer turned out to be more than generous with financial aid, so I packed my bags, moved to Macon, and became a Bear. In New York, I had forgotten about the charms of living in the South. Mercer is an interesting blend of a realistic liberal arts education with Southern simplicity. Here's a good example: My largest class at NYU was 250 students, often taught by a TA. Here, my largest has been 30, taught by a "real" professor. I also like the trees.

When I'm not with you in the Bb chat room, I'm occupied with the perks of Summer Vacation. I'm finally catching up on all the books I wanted to read during the school year, singing in my church band, flipping through travel guides, practicing piano, and working. I bring home the dough by writing articles for a few online magazines.

I spend most days with my cat, Linus. I promise I have real friends too.

Click on the link to hear my new favorite song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5BxymuiAxQ

Can't wait to get started with the reading!

--Courtney--

1 comment:

Emilia said...

Hello Courtney,

I'm Emilia from Indonesia. I'm running a small business in selling natural straw bags.
It's very nice to know your blog which is probably you are interested in visiting my blog at http://aemillius-eco-friendlybag.blogspot.com .
Thanks Courtney.